NFL Waiver & Transaction Tracker
Want to give the author direct feedback? Follow @D_Withers02 on Twitter for more insight. In addition, become a real fan and check out The Athletes Hub apparel.
The infamous period among the NFL is underway, as front offices are working on cutting down their active rosters to 53 players. In result, we have witnessed shocking trades, as well as questionable releases. Here is the thought process behind every NFL franchise:
- The Arizona Cardinals have waived TE Alec Bloom.
- Arizona has released WR Brice Butler.
- The Cardinals have claimed OL Blaine Clausell, DT Garrison Smith and OL Jeremy Vujnovich off of waivers.
- The Falcons have trimmed their roster down to 52 players, instead of the 53 requirement.
- Atlanta received S Jordan Richards from the New England Patriots in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick.
- Baltimore has waived former first-round WR Breshad Perriman. The 24-year old has only started 4 games since 2016.
- Despite rumors, the Ravens kept QB Robert Griffin III on their 53-man roster.
- Baltimore has released OL Nico Siragusa.
- After trading for WR Corey Coleman, the Buffalo Bills and the 24-year old have gone their separate ways.
- The Buffalo Bills have traded away QB AJ McCarron to the Oakland Raiders. In result, the team has named Nathan Peterman as the starting quarterback.
- Buffalo has released DE Ryan Russell and LB Tanner Vallejo.
- The Bills have added P Corey Bojorquez and DB Ryan Lewis, both of whom come from the New England Patriots roster.
- Buffalo will work out QB Paxton Lynch and WR Breshad Perriman.
- The Carolina Panthers have given up a draft pick in exchange for OT Corey Robinson.
- Carolina has released QB Garrett Gilbert and QB Kyle Allen.
- The Panthers have placed RT Matt Kalil on IR.
- Chicago has traded two first-round draft picks in exchange for Oakland Raiders LB Khalil Mack. In result, the two sides have agreed on a six-year, $141 million extension with $90 million guaranteed.
- The Bears have waived LB John Timu and OL Hroniss Grasu. In result, the front office signed DL Nick Williams.
- Chicago has moved on from DB Doran Grant and C Hroniss Grasu.
- The Cincinnati Bengals have signed DT Geno Atkins to a four-year, $65.3 million extension. In addition, the front office also signed DE Carlos Dunlap to a three-year extension worth $45 million.
- The Bengals have waived CB CJ Goodwin.
- Cincinnati has re-signed DE Michael Johnson.
- The Bengals have signed QB Christian Hackenberg to their practice squad.
- The Browns cut “Hard Knocks” TE Devon Cajuste. Instead, the team allowed for Seth DeValve to have a roster spot, despite his quad injury.
- Cleveland received a seventh-round pick from the San Francisco 49rs in exchange for OL Shon Coleman.
- The Cleveland Browns have claimed LB Tanner Vallejo and DL Carl Davis.
- Cleveland has waived DL Carl Nassib.
- In order to save cap space, the Dallas Cowboys cut K Dan Bailey in favor of Brett Maher. Bailey was projected to make $3.4 million in 2018, whereas Maher is scheduled to make $480,000.
- Even after his arrest for marijuana possession, the Cowboys have kept TE Rico Gathers on the 53-man roster.
- The Cowboys have released DE Charles Tapper and DL Kony Ealy.
- Dallas has waived rookie RB Bo Scarbough.
- The Cowboys have added C Adam Redmond off of waivers.
- The Denver Broncos have elected to release QB Paxton Lynch. In addition, the front office has claimed QB Kevin Hogan.
- Denver has placed DB Su’a Cravens on IR.
- The Broncos have named rookie RB Royce Freeman as the starter.
- The Detroit Lions have received a draft pick in exchange for OT Corey Robinson.
- The Lions have released CB DeShawn Shead. He has been battling injuries throughout the offseason.
- Detroit has waived QB Jake Rudock, who could become a practice squad candidate.
- The Lions have claimed OL Andrew Donnal and DB Dee Virgin off of waivers.
- The Detroit Lions and S Quandre Diggs have agreed on a three-year, $20.4 million extension. In addition, the front office also signed LB Marquis Flowers.
- Detroit has signed OLB Marquis Flowers and RB Donnel Pumphrey.
Green Bay Packers
- The Green Bay Packers and QB Aaron Rodgers have agreed to a four-year extension worth $134 million.
- The Packers have received a sixth-round pick from the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for QB Brett Hundley.
- Green Bay has placed WR Jake Kumerow on the IR.
- The Packers have waived DB Herb Waters.
- Houston has elected to cut veteran P Shane Lechler. At the age of 42, it’s difficult to predict whether Lechler will land another starting job before retirement.
- The Texans have released OT Roderick Johnson.
- Houston has waived WR Braxton Miller.
- The Colts have released DE John Simmons, DL Anthony Johnson and S TJ Green.
- There were no surprising cuts from the Jacksonville Jaguars, but there are ten offensive linemen on the active roster.
Kansas City Chiefs
- The Kansas City Chiefs received DB Jordan Lucas from the Miami Dolphins in exchange for a seventh-round pick.
- Kansas City has placed S Daniel Sorensen on IR. In addition, the front office released QB Matt McGloin.
- The Chiefs have extended the contract of OL Cameron Erving. It is a two-year deal worth up to $15.7 million.
Los Angeles Rams
- Los Angeles and DT Aaron Donald have agreed on a six-year, $135 million extension.
- The Rams have let go of OT Cornelius Lucas and OT Darrell Williams. This leaves Los Angeles with only eight offensive linemen heading into week one.
Los Angeles Chargers
- After developing through free agency and the draft, the Los Angeles Chargers have moved on from OL Spencer Pulley.
- The Chargers have released CB Marcus Edmond.
- After clearing waivers, QB Cardale Jones will join the Los Angeles Chargers practice squad.
- Los Angeles has signed veteran TE Antonio Gates, who turned 38 in June.
- Miami has waived WR Rashawn Scott and CB Tony Lippett.
- The Dolphins received a seventh-round pick from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for DB Jordan Lucas.
- Miami has added QB Luke Falk off of waivers.
- The Dolphins have placed C Jake Brendel and LB Mike Hull on IR. In result, the front office has released OT Sam Young.
- Miami has signed RB Brandon Bolden. In result, the team has cut C Travis Swanson.
- Even after taking a pay cut, the Minnesota Vikings have released DE Brian Robinson.
- Minnesota has released WR Kendall Wright. There were rumors about WR Laquon Treadwell being released, but he had a far better preseason.
- Veteran CB Terence Newman has retired from the NFL.
- The Vikings have added P Matt Wile off of waivers. In result, the front office released Ryan Quigley.
New England Patriots
- The New England Patriots have signed G Shaq Mason to a five-year extension worth $50 million.
- The New England Patriots have placed WR Braxton Berrios on IR.
- The Patriots have traded S Jordan Richards to the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick.
- New England and TE Rob Gronkowski have come to agreement on a revised contract
- The Patriots have claimed Chad Hansen off of waivers.
- New England has waived WR Amara Darboh.
New Orleans Saints
- The New Orleans Saints have received QB Teddy Bridgewater from the New York Jets in exchange for a third-round pick.
- The Saints have signed RB Mike Gillislee to a one-year deal.
New York Giants
- The Giants have signed WR Odell Beckham Jr. to a five-year, $95 million extension.
- Shockingly, the New York Giants have kept four quarterbacks on their active roster.
- New York has released G John Jerry, QB Davis Webb and CB William Gay.
- The Giants have claimed DE Mario Edwards off of waivers.
- New York will work out QB Matt McGloin.
New York Jets
- The New York Jets have received a third-round pick from the New Orleans Saints in exchange for QB Teddy Bridgewater.
- New York has signed RB De’Angelo Henderson to their practice squad.
- K Dan Bailey will work out with the New York Jets.
- New York has named QB Sam Darnold as the starter against the Detroit Lions. The team also signed QB Davis Webb to the practice squad and released QB John Wolford.
- The Oakland Raiders have received two first-round picks in exchange for LB Khalil Mack.
- The Raiders have received a fifth-round pick in 2018 from the Pittsburgh Steelers in exchange for WR Ryan Switzer and a sixth-round pick in 2019.
- Oakland is set to release WR Martavis Bryant. He is scheduled to face a suspension before the start of the 2018 season.
- The Raiders have traded for QB AJ McCarron. In result, the front office let go off QB EJ Manuel and QB Connor Cook.
- Oakland has added OT’s TJ Clemmings and Justin Murray off of waivers.
- The Raiders have signed WR Brandon LaFell to a one-year deal.
- The Philadelphia Eagles have named QB Nick Foles as the week one starter. The situation surrounding Carson Wentz’s health is currently unknown.
- The Eagles have added LB DJ Alexander off of waivers, and have released LB Joe Walker.
- Philadelphia has signed WR Markus Wheaton and has placed TE Richard Rodgers on IR.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers have acquired WR Ryan Switzer and a sixth-round pick in 2019 from the Oakland Raiders in exchange for a fifth-round pick in 2018.
- The Steelers have released veteran QB Landry Jones. Pittsburgh is confident in the ability of Joshua Dobbs and Mason Rudolph as the future of the backup position.
- RB Le’Veon Bell is still nowhere to be seen, as he continues to hold out for a contract extension.
San Francisco 49ers
- After cutting RB Joe Williams, the San Francisco 49ers learned that RB Jerick McKinnon has torn his ACL. In result, the offense will lean on either Matt Breida or newcomer Alfred Morris. The team has placed McKinnon on the IR.
- The 49ers have released LB Korey Toomer and G Jonathan Cooper.
- San Francisco received OL Shon Coleman from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a seventh-round pick.
- It was announced that DL Elvis Dumervil has retired from the NFL.
- The Seattle Seahawks have received QB Brett Hundley from the Green Bay Packers in exchange for a sixth-round pick.
- The Seahawks do not plan to trade S Earl Thomas.
- Seattle has waived OL Rees Odhiambo.
- The Seahawks have added CB Simeon Thomas and G Jordan Simmons off of waivers.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released S Godwin Igwebuike. He was guaranteed $100,000 during contract negotiations.
- Tampa Bay has claimed DE Carl Nassib and have released DE Will Clarke.
- The Tennessee Titans cut 35 players in order to trim their roster down to 53 players. One player that made the cut was RT Jack Conklin, who was activated by the franchise on Saturday.
- Tennessee is working out WR Devin Lucien.
- Washington has released RB’s Kapri Bibbs, Quin Blanding and De’Veon Smith.
- The Redskins have waived G TJ Clemmings.
- Washington has signed DL Caleb Brantley and has waived Anthony Lanier II as injured.
Featured Image: USA Today Sports
You must log in to post a comment.