Want to give the author direct feedback? Follow @RamiHannaJr on Twitter for more insight.
History was made at WrestleMania 35 when Kofi Kingston defeated Daniel Bryan to become the new WWE Champion. Not only is Kingston now champion, but he is the first African-born champion, which includes him with the following:
- Pedro Morales (first Puerto Rican-born WWE Champion)
- Antonio Inoki (first Japanese-born WWE Champion)
- Iron Sheik (first Iranian-born WWE Champion)
- Yokozuna (first Samaon-born WWE Champion)
- Ivan Koloff (first Canadian-born WWE Champion)
- Alberto Del Rio (first Mexican-born WWE Champion)
- Bruno Sammartino (first Italian-born WWE Champion)
- Andre the Giant (first French-born WWE Champion)
- Kane (first Spaniard-born WWE Champion)
Kingston accomplished what many called an impossible feat. With that, it was fitting to occur at the largest stage of all: WrestleMania 35.
Featured Image: SEScoops Images