Want to give the author direct feedback? Follow @DevonWithersTAH on Twitter for more insight.
- Multiple sources cite the Atlanta Falcons using their franchise tag on DT Grady Jarrett.
- The Baltimore Ravens and LB CJ Mosley are planning to cement a long-term deal, resulting in no immediate need for the franchise tag.
- The Buffalo Bills have only used the franchise tag 5 times in the history of their franchise. Of the available candidates, DT Jordan Phillips seems to be the only suitor.
- The Dallas Cowboys have made an official offer to DE DeMarcus Lawrence. The two sides are hoping to agree to a long-term extension.
- The Houston Texans are likely to franchise tag EDGE Jadeveon Clowney. If Clowney is tagged as a LB, he will try and be tagged as a DE instead, earning $3M more in result.
Kansas City Chiefs
- The Kansas City Chiefs could use the franchise tag on LB Dee Ford. The price tag for a franchise tag on Ford would be roughly $15M.
Los Angeles Rams
- The Los Angeles Rams have used the franchise tag in each of the last 3 seasons, and all the tags have been defensive backs. With S Lamarcus Joyner and LB Dante Fowler Jr. set as candidates, the Rams won’t be expected to use the franchise tag.
- The Minnesota Vikings and LB Anthony Barr are not close to striking a deal, as the team is expected to let him walk.
New York Giants
- New York Giants S Landon Collins has exited the team facility, saying goodbye to teammates on the way out. The assumption is that he will not be with the team in 2019.
- The Philadelphia Eagles will not franchise tag QB Nick Foles, as he walks as a free agent this offseason.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers will not use the franchise or transition tag on RB Le’Veon Bell. He will be free to sign anywhere.
San Francisco 49ers
- The San Francisco 49ers placed a franchise tag on K Robbie Gould worth $5.1M.
- The Seattle Seahawks have been consistently linked to franchise tagging DE Frank Clark.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- If the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and OT Donovan Smith can not agree to a new deal, the team may utilize their $15.2M franchise tag.
Featured Image: Derik Hamilton/UPI