On March 14th at 4 PM est, the NFL year begins at a fast and furious pace, with the opening of the free agency (and trades) signing period. Beginning on March 12th however, teams may begin the negotiating process with their targeted free agents to try and swing the deals in their favor. This tracker will be updated as quickly as possible:
- The Eagles acquired DE Michael Bennett from the Seattle Seahawks and a 7th round draft pick, in exchange for a 5th round draft pick and wide receiver Marcus Johnson.
- Philadelphia has traded WR Torrey Smith in exchange for Carolina’s CB Daryl Worley.
- In an effort to clear more cap space, the Eagles have re-structured Lane Johnson’s contract.
- Philadelphia has signed former Lions DT Haloti Ngata to a one-year contract worth up to $3 million.
- The Eagles have released long-time TE Brent Celek.
- The Eagles have signed Broncos defensive lineman Corey Nelson to a one-year contract.
- Philadelphia is bringing back Nigel Bradham on a five-year deal worth $40 million.
- The Cowboys placed their Franchise Tag on DE Demarcus Lawrence.
- The Cowboys have placed a second-round tender on DE David Irving.
- Dallas has released CB Orlando Scandrick upon request. The move will save the franchise nearly $3 million in cap space.
- The Redskins have acquired former Chiefs QB Alex Smith in exchange for cornerback Kendall Fuller and a 3rd round pick. The Redskins have since agreed on a four-year extension with Smith, with $71 million in guaranteed money.
- Washington has re-signed kicker Dustin Hopkins. The deal is worth nearly $7 million over three years.
- The Redskins have placed a second-round tender on OL Ty Nsekhe.
- Washington has signed WR Paul Richardson to a five-year, $40 million contract ($20 million in guarantees).
- Washington has re-signed WR Brian Quick.
- The Redskins have re-signed LB Zach Brown to a three-year, $24 million contract.
- The Redskins have signed free agent CB Orlando Scandrick. It’s a 2-year deal worth $10 million.
From Washington state to Washington D.C. ✈️
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) March 13, 2018
New York Giants:
- The Giants have released veteran CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
- Giants have re-signed linebacker Mark Herzlich and guard Jon Halapio.
- New York has signed former Carolina Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart to a two-year, $6.9 million contract.
- The Giants have signed former Cardinals OLB Kareem Martin to a three-year, $15 million deal.
- New York is signing former Patriots OT Nate Solder to a four-year, $62 million deal with $35 million in guarantees.
- The Giants are re-signing DL Kerry Wynn to a one-year contract.
- The Giants have traded Jason Pierre Paul to the Bucs in exchange for a third-round pick and swapped 4th round picks.
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) March 14, 2018
Los Angeles Rams:
- The Rams placed their Franchise Tag on Lamarcus Joyner.
- Los Angeles has agreed on a trade on Robert Quinn, in exchange for a fourth and sixth-round pick from the Miami Dolphins, while also giving up their sixth-round selection in this year’s draft.
- The Rams have signed veteran cornerback Sam Shields worth a mere $1 million.
- The Rams are trading their fifth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft for Denver Broncos CB Aqib Talib.
- Los Angeles re-signed long snapper Jake McQuaide to a new three-year deal.
- Los Angeles re-signed CB Nickell Robey-Coleman to a three-year, $15.75 million deal.
- The Rams are holding onto Tavon Austin, after restructuring his contract.
- The Rams are re-signing DT Dominique Easley to a one-year contract.
- The Seahawks acquired wide receiver Marcus Johnson and a fifth-round pick from the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for DE Michael Bennett and a seventh-round draft pick.
- Seattle announced they will be releasing cornerback Jeremy Lane.
- The Seahawks decided to release long-time cornerback Richard Sherman, who was eventually picked up by the San Francisco 49ers. This move saved the team an $11 million dollar cap hit.
- Browns trade C.J. Smith to Seahawks for conditional 2020 seventh-round pick.
What a run for the Legion of Boom. pic.twitter.com/wk0RO62qqS
— ESPN (@espn) March 9, 2018
- The Cardinals have released veteran RB Adrian Peterson.
- Arizona has signed QB Sam Bradford to a one-year contract worth $20 million, including $15 million guaranteed at signing. This contract includes an option year worth $20 million as well.
- The Cardinals signed QB Mike Glennon to a two-year, $8 million contract.
- The Cardinals have released S Tyrann Mathieu, who was eventually signed by the Houston Texans.
- Arizona has signed OT Andre Smith to a two-year, $8 million deal.
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) March 13, 2018
San Francisco 49ers:
- The 49ers did not use their option on LB Elvis Dumervil.
- San Francisco signed OL Weston Richburg on a five-year, $47.5 million deal.
- The 49ers signed RB Jerrick McKinnon on a four-year deal worth up to $36.9 million. Within the deal, there are multiple loopholes in which San Francisco can depart from the running back.
- The 49ers re-signed LB Brock Coyle to a three-year, $8.4 million deal.
- San Francisco has signed former Chargers LB Jeremiah Attaochu to a one-year deal worth up to $5.125 million.
- The 49ers have signed OL Jonathan Cooper.
- Former Washington Redskins QB Kirk Cousins signed a three-year, $84 million contract with the Minnesota Vikings that was fully guaranteed.
- The Vikings have acquired Broncos QB Trevor Siemian in a trade.
- The Vikings have signed Sheldon Richardson to a one-year contract.
- The Vikings have signed OL Tom Compton.
It's hard to deny how good Kirk Cousins has been the last few seasons. pic.twitter.com/HJY2mO0ZuW
— CBS Sports (@CBSSports) March 13, 2018
- The Lions have re-signed Safety Tavon Wilson to a two-year, $7 million dollar contract.
- Detroit has signed former Bears LB Christian Jones to a two-year, $7.75 million contract.
- The Lions have re-signed corner Nevin Lawson to a two-year, $10.3 million contract.
- Detroit has signed former Giants LB Devon Kennard to a three-year, $18.75 million contract.
- The Lions have re-signed LB Nick Bellore in a one-year, $775,000 contract.
- After failing to find a trade partner before the new league year begins, the Lions have announced the release of former first-round pick TE Eric Ebron.
- Detroit has signed LeGarrette Blount to a one-year contract worth $4.5 million.
- Detroit has signed TE Luke Wilson to a one-year contract worth $2.5 million.
- The Lions have signed DT Sylvester Williams to a one-year contract.
Green Bay Packers:
- The Packers have acquired Browns QB DeShone Kizer and have swapped fourth and fifth-round picks. The Packers also sent CB Damarious Randall to Cleveland in the exchange.
- Green Bay has retained QB Joe Callahan.
- The Packers have signed TE Jimmy Graham to a three-year, $30 million deal.
- Green Bay has released veteran WR Jordy Nelson.
- The Packers have signed Mo Wilkerson to a one-year deal worth up to $8 million.
- Green Bay has signed CB Herb Waters to a one-year, $465,000 deal.
- The Bears opted to use the Transition Tag on cornerback Kyle Fuller.
- Chicago has signed former Jaguars WR Allen Robinson to a three-year, $42 million deal.
- Former Eagles TE Trey Burton signed with the Bears on a four-year, $32 million contract.
- The Bears will be signing WR Taylor Gabriel to a 4-year deal worth $26 million.
- Prince Amukumara has re-signed with the Bears on a three-year, $27 million contract.
- The Bears have re-signed LB Sam Acho on a minor deal.
- Chicago has released WR Markus Wheaton.
- The Bears are signing DE Aaron Lynch and P Pat O’Donnell to one-year contracts.
New Orleans Saints:
- Former Panthers safety, Kurt Coleman, has elected to sign a three-year extension worth $16.35 million.
- Drew Brees will sign a new two-year deal with the Saints worth $50 million. In the deal, $27 million will be guaranteed.
- The Saints have signed former Eagles CB Patrick Robinson to a four-year deal worth $20 million.
- New Orleans has signed LB Demario Davis to a three-year contract worth $24 million.
- The Saints have signed QB Tom Savage to a one-year, $1.5 million deal.
- Kicker Graham Gano has signed a new four-year extension to continue playing for the Panthers.
- The Panthers released their all-time leading rusher, Jonathan Stewart. He was later on picked up by the New York Giants.
- Carolina has acquired WR Torrey Smith in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles will be receiving CB Daryl Worley as their compensation.
- After failing his physical, CB Bashuad Breeland will not be signing with the Carolina Panthers.
- Kicker Matt Bryant signed a new three-year extension to continue playing with the Falcons.
- The Falcons have placed a second-round tender on Ricardo Allen.
- The Falcons have signed TE Logan Paulsen to a one-year contract.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
- The Bucs have re-signed veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to a one-year, $3.3 million deal.
- Tampa Bay has agreed on a six-year extension worth $41 million for TE Cameron Brate.
- The Buccaneers are bringing back CB Brent Grimes on a one-year deal worth $10 million.
- The Bucs are signing former Eagles DL Beau Allen to a three-year, $15 million contract.
- The Bucs are releasing DE Robert Ayers.
- The Bucs have traded for the Giants’ Jason Pierre Paul. They gave up a thrid-round pick and swapped 4th round selections.
New England Patriots:
- The Patriots have acquired Danny Shelton and a fifth round pick in 2018 from the Cleveland Browns. In exchange, they will be sending their third round pick in 2019.
- New England has agreed on a two-year, $5 million extension with special teams star Nate Ebner.
- The Patriots have re-signed RB Rex Burkhead on a three-year, $9.75 million contract.
- New England has agreed on a one-year contract with RB Jeremy Hill.
- The Patriots have agreed on a short-term extension with S Patrick Chung. Terms of the contract are 2-years, $7.8 million.
- The Patriots have acquired Jason McCourty from the Browns in exchange for a 6th round pick. The Patriots have also sent Cleveland their 7th round pick.
- The Patriots traded for WR Cordarrelle Patterson, while swapping a 5th round pick for a Raiders 6th round pick.
- The Patriots have agreed on 2-year deal with Matthew Slater.
- The Patriots have re-signed LB Marquis Flowers to a one-year, $2.55 million contract.
- The Buffalo Bills signed free agent RB Chris Ivory to a two-year deal worth $5.5 million.
- Buffalo signed free agent cornerback Vontae Davis to a one-year contract worth $5 million.
- The Bills have signed free agent DE Owa Odighizuwa on a one-year deal.
- Buffalo has traded QB Tyrod Taylor to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a third round pick in 2018.
- The Bills have traded OT Cordy Glenn to the Cincinnati Bengals for their 12th overall pick. The Bengals will also receive the Bills first round pick, and have swapped fifth and sixth round picks as well.
- Buffalo has signed former Panthers DT Star Lotulelei to a five-year contract.
- The Bills have re-signed veteran DT Kyle Williams to a one-year deal worth $6 million.
- The Bills have signed Saints S Rafael Bush on a two-year deal worth up to $4.5 million.
- Buffalo has signed former Redskins OLB Trent Murphy to a three-year deal worth $21 million.
- The Bills have signed LB Jerry Hughes to a five-year, $45 million contract.
- The Bills have signed OL Russell Bodine to a 2-year deal and OL Marshall Newhouse to a 1 year contract.
Based on what the #Bills received in the Cordy Glenn trade, I’d be surprised if they don’t end up in the Top 10.. or Top 5 by Draft Night. They are on the move for a QB and everyone will be calling.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 12, 2018
- Jarvis Landry has since been traded to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for two picks (fourth rounder in 2018, seventh rounder in 2019).
- The Miami Dolphins acquired Robert Quinn and a sixth round pick from the LA Rams, in exchange for Miami’s fourth and sixth round picks in this year’s draft.
- The Dolphins have signed former Chiefs WR Albert Wilson to a three-year deal worth $24 million.
- Miami has re-signed DB Walt Aikens to a two-year deal worth $2.7 million.
- The Dolphins have signed WR Danny Amendola to a contract worth $12 million over two years.
- Miami has restructured the contract of Reshad Jones, saving $6.6 million in cap space.
- The Dolphins have officially released DT Ndamukong Suh and TE Julius Thomas.
- Miami has tendered Jake Brendel, Mike Hull and Jordan Lucas.
- The Dolphins agreed to reconstruct their current contract with QB Ryan Tannehill in order to create more cap space.
— NFLTradeRumors.co (@nfltrade_rumors) March 14, 2018
New York Jets:
- The New York Jets released veteran DE Mo Wilkerson, who was later picked up by the Green Bay Packers.
- The Jets have finalized a one-year, $15 million deal with former Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater.
- New York has re-signed QB Josh McCown on a one-year deal worth $10 million.
- The Jets have signed RB Isaiah Crowell to a three-year, $12 million deal.
- New York has signed CB Trumaine Johnson to a five-year, $72.5 million contract. He will earn $34 million of his deal within the first two seasons.
- The Jets have signed LB Avery Williamson to a three-year, $22.5 million deal.
- New York has signed former Redskins OL Spencer Long to a four-year, $28 million contract.
- The Jets were able to re-sign CB Morris Claiborn to a one-year contract.
- New York was able to sign K Cairo Santos to a one-year contract.
- The New York Jets have traded with the Indianapolis Colts in order to receive the #3 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. In exchange, the Jets will give up the #6, #37, and #49 overall picks, as well as a second-round selection in 2019.
— NFL (@NFL) March 14, 2018
Kansas City Chiefs:
- The Chiefs have traded QB Alex Smith to the Washington Redskins in exchange for cornerback Kendall Fuller and a third round pick in the NFL Draft.
- Kansas City has officially released S Ron Parker and OLB Tamba Hali.
- The Chiefs and Sammy Watkins have agreed on a three-year deal worth $48 million.
- Kansas City and former Cowboys LB Anthony Hitchens have agreed on a five-year, $45 million deal.
Los Angeles Chargers:
- The Chargers have agreed on a three-year extension with CB Casey Hayward, worth $36 million.
- Los Angeles has re-signed OT Michael Schofield on a two-year, $5 million deal.
- The Chargers have re-signed S Adrian Phillips on a one-year, $690,000 contract.
- The Chargers have signed C Mike Pouncey to a 2-year $15 million contract, including $10 million guaranteed.
- The Raiders have signed former Ravens WR Griff Whalen on a one-year deal.
- Oakland has re-signed TE Derek Carrier and TE Lee Smith.
- The Raiders have signed former Packers WR Jordy Nelson on a two-year, $15 million contract. In result, Oakland has also released WR Michael Crabtree.
- The Raiders have signed Marcus Gilchrist to a one-year contract.
- Oakland has signed RB Doug Martin on a one-year deal. In addition, it has been reported that RB Marshawn Lynch will be scheduled to return to play for Oakland in the 2018-19 season.
- The Raiders are trading WR Cordarrelle Patterson, while swapping a 6th round pick for a Patriots 5th round pick.
- The Broncos exercised their player option on cornerback Chris Harris Jr and WR Demaryius Thomas.
- The Denver Broncos have traded CB Aqib Talib to the LA Rams in exchange for a fifth round pick in this year’s draft.
- Denver has placed second round tenders on Matt Paradis and Shaq Barrett.
- The Broncos have signed QB Case Keenum on a two-year deal worth $36 million. In result, Denver has traded QB Trevor Siemian to the Minnesota Vikings.
- Denver has signed CB Tramaine Brock to a one-year deal worth $4 million.
- The Broncos have re-signed LB Todd Davis to a three-year, $15 million contract.
- Broncos signed Taylor Bertolet and Christian Kuntz AFC North:
- The Steelers placed the Franchise Tag on RB Le’Veon Bell for the second straight season.
- Pittsburgh has officially released S Mike Mitchell, CB William Gay, and S Robert Golden.
- The Steelers have signed LB Jon Bostic to a 2-year deal.
- The Ravens have re-signed OL James Hurst to a four-year, $17.5 million extension.
- Baltimore has released Ladarius Webb, RB Danny Woodhead, and WR Jeremy Maclin.
- The Ravens have signed WR John Brown to a one-year deal worth up to $6.5 million.
- Baltimore added to their WR depth by signing WR Michael Crabtree to a three-year, $21 million contract.
- Defensive end Chris Baker signed a one-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals worth a little over $3 million.
- The Bengals decided to not pick up the option on CB Adam “Pacman” Jones.
- The Cincinnati Bengals have traded for the Buffalo Bills OT Cordy Glenn and their first-round pick. The Bills are receiving the Bengals first-round pick in exchange. The two teams also swapped fifth and sixth-round picks.
- Cincinnati has re-signed P Kevin Huber and TE Tyler Eifert.
- The Cleveland Browns have traded with the Miami Dolphins for WR Jarvis Landry. The Browns offered a fourth-round pick in 2018 and a seventh round pick in 2019 to collect Landry.
- The Cleveland Browns have traded a third-round pick in the 2018 Draft for Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor.
- The Cleveland Browns have traded QB DeShone Kizer to the Green Bay Packers for Damarious Randall. The teams also exchanged fourth and fifth-round picks.
- The Cleveland Browns have traded DT Danny Shelton to the New England Patriots for their third-round pick in 2019 and fifth-round pick in 2018.
- Cleveland has signed DE Chris Smith to a three-year, $14 million contract.
- The Cleveland Browns have signed OT Chris Hubbard to a five-year, $37.5 million contract. In the deal, nearly $18 million will be guaranteed.
- The Browns have signed RB Carlos Hyde to a three-year deal worth more than $15 million.
- Cleveland has signed TE Darren Fells to a three-year contract worth $12 million.
- Former Chiefs’ CB Terrance Mitchell has signed with Cleveland for $12 million over three years.
- Browns OT Joe Thomas has announced his retirement from the NFL.
- The Browns have signed CB T.J. Carrie, formerly of the Raiders. The contract is worth $31 million over four years.
- The Browns have traded Jason McCourty and a 7th round pick to the Patriots for their 6th round pick.
- Browns have traded C.J. Smith to Seahawks for conditional 2020 seventh-round pick.
Breaking: The Browns announce 10-time Pro Bowl OT Joe Thomas is retiring after 11 seasons. pic.twitter.com/eQFkg2QVqj
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 14, 2018
- The Jacksonville Jaguars and QB Blake Bortles have agreed on a three-year extension.
- Jacksonville has placed a second-round tender on RB Corey Grant.
- The Jaguars have signed former Panthers guard Andrew Norwell for a five-year, $66 million contract.
- The Jaguars’ Paul Posluszny has retired after eleven NFL seasons.
- Jacksonville has re-signed WR Marqise Lee on a four-year, $38 million extension.
- Jacksonville has signed former Colts WR Donte Moncrief on a contract worth $10 million in 2018.
- The Jaguars have signed DB C.J. Hayden to a three-year deal worth $19 million.
- Jacksonville has signed former Redskins TE Niles Paul on a three-year, $6 million contract.
- The Tennessee Titans have parted ways with RB DeMarco Murray, S Da’Norris Searcy, QB Matt Cassel and WR Eric Weems.
- Tennessee has signed Patriots CB Malcolm Butler to a five-year, $61 million deal. In the contract, $30 million will be guaranteed.
- The Titans have agreed with RB Dion Lewis on a four-year deal worth $20 million.
- Tennessee has signed OL Josh Kline to a four-year, $26 million contract.
- The Titans re-signed DL David King to a new contract worth $703,200.
- Tennessee re-signed DL DaQuon Jones to a new three-year contract.
- Tennessee has released defensive lineman Sylvester Williams.
- The Indianapolis Colts have given up their #3 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft to the New York Jets. In exchange, they will receive the #6, #37, and #49 overall picks, as well as a second-round selection in 2019.
- Indianapolis has released defensive lineman Jonathan Hankins, a player they handed a three-year, $30 million deal last year.
- The Colts have signed TE Eric Ebron to a 2-year deal worth $15 million.
- The Colts have signed Matt Slauson to a one-year contract worth $3 million.
- The Colts have re-signed Christine Michael.
- The Houston Texans re-signed S Corey Moore before he was due to hit free agency.
- The Texans signed Punter Shane Lechler to a one-year deal.
- Houston has signed Aaron Colvin to a four-year deal, worth $18 million in guaranteed money.
- The Texans have signed former Bills OT Seantrel Henderson in order to receive depth up front.
- Houston has signed OL Zach Fulton to a deal that averages $7.5 million per year.
- The Texans have signed OL Selio Kelemete to a three-year, $12 million contract.
- Houston has made a splash by signing Tyrann Matheiu to a one-year contract.
- The Texans have released Chunky Clements and WR Cobi Hamilton.
Photo Credit: NFL.com