The NFL Draft got underway yesterday and what a crazy night it was. There are a lot of talented players still left as we go through 67 picks tonight. The action starts at 7pm EST. You can watch on NFL Network or ESPN. ESPN’s coverage starts on ESPN but switches to ESPN2 at 8pm EST. Remember to refresh your browser to get the latest picks.
32. Cleveland Browns select Emmanuel Ogbah, DL, Oklahoma State
A big, powerful edge rusher who can make things happen in the backfield and is a monster. Cleveland needs a QB, but I love this pick here.
33. Tennessee Titans select Kevin Dodd, DL/LB, Clemson
A long, athletic pass rusher who normally plays DE but was announced as a linebacker. He can play LB and I think it’s a great pick.
34. Dallas Cowboys select Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame
Holy starfish. Smith will not play at all in 2016 but what a gesture by the Cowboys. Their going to wait out the injury and get the star that Smith is going to be. What a moment.
35. San Diego Chargers select Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas
First tight end off the board and it’s not a surprise. It may not have been what we first thought, but it’s a need pick. Great pick here.
36. *trade w/BAL* Jacksonville Jaguars select Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
The Jags have the two best players in this draft. Jack could’ve been their pick last night, but the knee dropped him down the board. However, Jacksonville gets a great pass rusher and wastes a second round pick.
37. Kansas City Chiefs select Chris Jones, DL, Mississippi State
This pick was acquired in last night’s trade with San Francisco for #28. Jones lit his pro day up and has been described as a stud. He is inconsistent, but KC can bring the best out of him.
38. *trade w/BAL* Miami Dolphins select Xavien Howard, DB, Baylor
Baltimore traded down again and the Phins get a guy who has all the makings of a starter but does have trouble with finding the football at times. I like the pick though.
39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Noah Spence, DL, Eastern Kentucky
He’s not a lengthy guy, but his size is comparable to Von Miller and he’s an incredible athlete. Great pick here.
40. New York Giants select Sterling Sheppard, WR, Oklahoma
He’s a 5’10” receiver, but he’s extremely fiesty. Rueben Randle left in free agency, so this pick makes sense.
41. *trade w/CHI* Buffalo Bills select Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
I must say this is one talented draft class. Anyway, here’s a tough LB coming from a pro-style system who has a medical problem, yes, but it won’t affect his career. Buffalo adds pieces to the front seven here.
42. *trade w/MIA* Baltimore Ravens select Kamalei Correa, LB, Boise State
I’m surprised. Haven’t heard of this guy.
43. Tennessee Titans select Austin Johnson, DL, Penn State
Natrual fit in this system. Explosive player. I like it.
44. Oakland Raiders select Jihad Ward, DL, Illinois
Raiders continue to build that defense. I like Ward, although I didn’t think he’d go here. He does have great upside, but he’s very raw.
45. Tennesee Titans select Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama
Holy starfish. Henry goes to a team that has DeMarco Murray. Henry is a power back and it seems as if the Titans are trying to be a bully-like team.
46. Detroit Lions select A’Shawn Robinson, DL, Alabama
Finally one of these Alabama DLs go off the board. A’Shawn can provide help for Ziggy Ansah on the pass rush. He just needs to develop a run-blocking game.
47. New Orleans Saints select Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State
A competitive WR who refuses to lose. He’s going to be catching passes from Drew Brees. Great pick.
48. *trade w/IND* Green Bay Packers select Jason Spriggs, OL, Indiana
One of the most athletic tackles in the draft. The Pack rarely trade up, so they must’ve really wanted this guy. Great pick.
49. *trade w/CHI* Seattle Seahawks select Jarran Reed, DL, Alabama
Well, this isn’t a bad pick, but I would’ve had an OL picked here. By the way, nice touch with the Skittles and yelling “MARSHAWN”.
50. *trade w/ATL* Houston Texans select Nick Martin, OL, Notre Dame
They drafted a WR and now a center with interior versatility to protect Brock Osweiler. I like what they’re doing in Houston.
51. New York Jets select Christian Hackenburg, QB, Penn State
HOLY STARFISH X3. The Jets could’ve had Paxton Lynch but opted Darren Lee last night. Hackenburg could be really good or extremely bad. A wildcard.
52. *trade w/HOU* Atlanta Falcons select Deion Jones, LB, LSU
Here’s a guy who could be a hybrid safety and is a high value pick. I like it.
53. Washington Redskins select Su’a Cravens, LB, USC
Hybrid LB/S. Great at disrupting the pass.
54. Minnesota Vikings select Mackensie Alexander, DB, Clemson
He could be an elite nickel back soon. Has poor ball production. Didn’t have an INT last year. However, I think Mike Zimmer and company can change that.
55. Cincinnati Bengals select Tyler Boyd, WR, Pitt
Tyler Boyd is another one of my favorites. He can run routes well and he’s a technician. Love this pick.
56. *trade w/SEA* Chicago Bears select Cody Whitehair, OL, Kansas State
He’s got good technique but not long enough to play inside. He fits here however.
57. Indianapolis Colts select TJ Green, DB, Clemson
He’s only played defense for two years. He’s a converted WR that has had a medioric rise since the combine. Not sure about this one.
58. Pittsburgh Steelers select Sean Davis, DB, Maryland
A raw player with great upside. Just don’t know where he plays.
59. *trade w/KC* Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State
HOLY STARFISH. Kickers are second rounders I guess. He is the most accurate kicker in college history, so I guess that can improve your stock.
60. New England Patriots select Cyrus Jones, DB, Alabama
He’ll start as a nickel but I think he could he a star on the outside. Nice pick here.
61. *trade w/NE* New Orleans Saints select Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State
Urban Meyer said on NFL Network that he chatted with Sean Peyton. Must’ve been a hell of a chat. They get more versatile with this pick.
62. Carolina Panthers select James Bradberry, DB, Samford
Huh. Okay then.
63. Denver Broncos select Adam Gotsis, DL, Georgia Tech
He had 31 tackles in 2015 so he can make things happen. I’m okay with this.
64. Tennessee Titans select Kevin Byard, DB, Middle Tennesee
Good player. Exceeded expectations at the pro day. May not be able to cover man consistently though.
65. Cleveland Browns select Carl Nassib, DL, Penn State
I like this guy. Had a huge fifth year and is comparable to Jared Allen. Good on you Cleveland.
66. San Diego Chargers select Max Tuerk, OL, USC
He needs to keep the weight up but is a great pulling center. Can he hold up inside? I don’t know.
67. Dallas Cowboys select Maliek Collins, DL, Nebraska
He shows some flashes of potential, but Rod Marinelli has a huge project on their hands.
68. San Francisco 49ers select Will Redmond, DB, Mississippi State
I love this guy’s play. If he hadn’t have been hurt last year, he would’ve been a first round pick. This is a steal.
69. Jacksonville Jaguars select Yannick Ngakoue, DL, Maryland
Don’t know much on this guy, but it’s a fit. They’ve added to the D-Line again.
70. Baltimore Ravens select Bronson Kaufusi, DL, BYU
Here’s a versatile guy who, in my opinion, would’ve been a late first round pick. Another steal here.
71. New York Giants select Darian Thompson, S, Boise State
Great ball skills and zone range. Does miss big tackles though.
72. Chicago Bears select Jonathan Bullard, DL, Florida
Another steal here in the third. A sub package D-tackle who will rush the pass really well.
73. Miami Dolphins select Kenyan Drake, RB, Alabama
A 3rd down change of pace guy. This is both a value and need pick for Miami. Nice pick here. Possible steal.
74. Kansas City Chiefs select KeiVarae Russell, DB, Notre Dame
A need pick here. I like it. Versatile corner. Could be solid.
75. Oakland Raiders select Shilique Calhoun, DL, Michigan State
Another defensive piece from OAK and although he’s soft on the edge at times, this is a solid pick.
76. Cleveland Browns select Shon Coleman, OL, Auburn
What a story this kid has. He’s battled leukemia and is now an NFL Draftee. This is great.
77. *trade w/CLE* Carolina Panthers select Daryl Worley, DB, WVU
He can play high and get the ball. He will take risks and give up plays, but he should be okay.
78. *trade w/NO* New England Patriots select Joe Thuney, OL, NC State
Here’s another guard to protect Tom Brady and the QB they’ll be playing for the first four games. I like it.
79. Philadelphia Eagles select Isaac Seumalo, OL, Oregon State
I like this. Versatile on the outside and he’s depth for them.
80. Buffalo Bills select Adolphus Washington, DL, OSU
MAN, Buckeyes represent eh? Here’s a kid with great movement and can rush the pass with ease. I like this.
81. Atlanta Falcons select Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford
Not sure how to feel. Gotta make this quick, these 3rd picks only have a :15 time limit.
82. Indianapolis Colts select Le’Raven Clark, OL, Texas Tech
It’s all about protecting Andrew Luck. Ryan Kelly last night, Clark tonight. O-Line looks revamped.
83. New York Jets select Jordan Jenkins, LB, Georgia
This guy did the dirty work next to Leonard Floyd in college. He’s a winner.
84. Washington Redskins select Kendall Fuller, DB, Virgina Tech
Here’s a kid who should’ve been called earlier. I’m thinking this is another steal in Day Two.
85. Houston Texans select Braxton Miller, WR, OSU
NICE. Sorry about the caps lock, but he’s a dynamic playmaker. Always believes in himself. Nice pick.
86. Miami Dolphins select Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers
Rutgers best player and really talented. Plays with an edge.
87. Cincinnati Bengals select Nick Vigil, LB, Utah State
Not a bad pick. He’s a competitive guy and he can make plays. Nicely done.
88. Green Bay Packers select Kyler Fackrell, LB, USU
Hmm. It fills a need. That’s all I got.
89. Pittsburgh Steelers select Javon Hargrave, DL, SC State
22.0 tackles for loss last year. He can make the happen. I like this.
90. Seattle Seahawks select CJ Prosise, RB, ND
Depth in the backfield here. Insurance in the event Thomas Rawls or Christine Michael go down with an injury.
91. New England Patriots select Jacoby Brissett, QB, NC State
Wow. Not a surprise though. Jimmy G needs a back up.
92. Arizona Cardinals select Brandon Williams, DB, Texas A&M
Whoa. This defense is looking stacked. Williams is a versatile playmaker and can disrupt passes. This is a great pick.
93. Cleveland Browns select Cody Kessler, QB, USC
Well then. Cody Kessler over Connor Cook. Many believe Cook isn’t a leader, so he’s fallen a bit.
94. Seattle Seahawks select Nick Vannett, TE, OSU
Another Buckeye gone. Urban Meyer is one proud coach. Excellent hands and size for a TE. Decent pick.
95. Detroit Lions select Graham Glasgow, OL, Michigan
“He’s a hell of a player” says Urban Meyer. I agree.
96. New England Patriots select Vincent Valentine, DT, Nebraska
Should’ve stayed another year in college but is special at times. Maybe he develops into something.
97. Seattle Seahawks select Rees Odhiambo, OL, Boise State
Not sure where to play him, plus he’s injury prone. Not sure here.
98. Denver Broncos select Justin Simmons, S, Boston College
Great player and a steal to end the night. Wow.
That’s it for night two. Day Three is tomorrow at noon.
Photo Credit: NFL.com